Midlothian Police Department reports that roadway conditions are rapidly improving Saturday morning! Care should be taken on bridge structures, shady areas, and on curves, but otherwise our on-duty staff are indicating safe roadway conditions. The National Weather Service is forecasting a high temperature today of 40 degrees, which should melt most precipitation on roadways. This is the final update for this weather event.
Here are the forecast and other important storm-related details.
SOLID WASTE SERVICES
Waste Connections, the City's solid waste disposal provider, has informed the City that due to icy road conditions, solid waste pickup will be suspended Thursday and Friday. Thursday trash pickup will be combined with Monday trash pickup and Friday trash pickup will be combined with Tuesday trash pickup. Regular pickup schedule will resume next week.
WINTER STORM UPDATE
The National Weather Service is forecasting a high temperature Saturday of 40 degrees, which should melt most precipitation on roadways.
KEEP ELECTRICITY PROVIDER CONTACT INFORMATION
Hilco Electric Cooperative customers may report an outage at https://hilco.coop/ or by calling (254) 687-2331 or (800) 338-6425.
All others may report outages to Oncor and check for updates at the Oncor Storm Center website at Oncor – Outage Map or call (888) 313-4747 or text OUT to 66267.
For ERCOT updates, visit https://www.ercot.com/
PRECAUTIONARY & PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS
- FM 663 from FM 875
- FM 1387 from FM 664
- Bus 287 from US 287 bypass/Old Ft Worth Rd Intersection
- City of Midlothian street crews are pre-treating city bridges listed here.
- Midlothian Parkway Bridge
- 8th Street Bridge (8th Street bridge closed as of 2/3, 8:30 a.m. Use 9th Street as alternate route.)
- Walter Stephenson Bridge
All restrooms at City parks are closed till Monday, February 7, 2022.
- For road closure Information visit:
How to prevent pipes from freezing:
- Letting faucets drip or stream slightly can help prevent damage.
- Open cabinet doors beneath sinks so room temperature air can warm the pipes.
- Make sure your heat is on, even overnight.
- Cover outdoor faucets.
- Frost on pipes could mean they are frozen.
Know how to shut off your water.
Cut off your water as soon as you suspect you have a leaking or broken pipe. If you have a city meter box, water may only be shut off by a city employee.
City of Midlothian water customers may report an emergency main break or broken service line 24 hours a day by calling (972) 775-3333.
Prepare an emergency kit.
- Drinking water and food
- Blankets, pillows, and clothing
- Basic first-aid supplies
- Basic toiletries
- Battery-operated radio
- Extra supply of batteries
- Cell phone with chargers
- Cash and credit cards
- Basic tools (duct tape, wrench, etc.)
- Important documents and numbers
- Toys, books, and games
- Baby supplies
- Pet supplies
Follow the link below for more information about winter weather preparedness.