As the backdrop changes from summer heat to crisp autumn air, Texans welcome fall traditions like the State Fair, pumpkin patches, and football games. Read on to learn about fall fun in Midlothian.
The Midlothian Market
- This free, open-air market, featuring food and craft vendors, continues throughout the fall.
- Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. through December 18.
- Heritage Park, 234 N. 8th Street
- To become a vendor, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
StoryTots! at A.H. Meadows Library
National Night Out
Wildflower Walk at Mockingbird Nature Park
- October 16, 9 a.m.
- Free, no registration required.
- A 1/2 -mile guided walk led by members of Indian Trail Master Naturalists. Closed-toe shoes and comfortable outdoor clothing are recommended. Walk will be cancelled in the event of rain.
- 1361 Onward Road
Downtown Business Association Scarecrow Festival
- Friday, October 29, 4 to 6 p.m.
- Free and open to the public.
- Merchants along North 8th Street will provide commercially wrapped candy to trick-or-treaters.
- Street will be closed to traffic during the event.
Fun Fall Festival at the Midlothian Civic Center
- Saturday, October 23 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Private event features vendors and trick or treating at each vendor booth, activities for the kids and a costume contest at 11 a.m. for kids 12 and under! 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes will be awarded and candy for all participants!
- 224 S. 11th Street
Trick or Treat at A.H. Meadows Library
- Saturday, October 30 from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- For kids from pre-K to 5th grade.
- Wear a costume and get a treat.
- 922 S. 9th Street (inside Midlothian High School)
First United Methodist Church Community Pumpkin Patch
- September 26, till supply runs out.
- Come take pictures in the patch free of charge.
- All proceeds from pumpkin sales benefit youth missions.
- 800 S. 9th Street
Creekside Manor Haunted House
- Every Friday and Saturday in October 2021
- 7:30 p.m. until midnight.
- Tickets required.
- 2411 Plainview Road
Shadow Creek Pumpkin Patch
- October 2 - October 31
- Saturdays, 10 a.m.to 6 p.m. and Sundays, 1 p.m. 6 p.m.
- Tickets required.
- 1530 Indian Creek Drive