How do I get a card?
Residents or non-residents of Midlothian may apply for a library card at the A.H. Meadows Library for free. Valid forms of ID and proof of address are required for all new library cards.
Proof of Address
- Current address on the picture ID
- Separate form of ID if address on the picture ID is not current or there is not one (water bill, insurance card, electric bill, insurance ID card or other recently received mail).
- Mail must be addressed to the library card applicant.
Who can get a library card?
Anyone age 12 or older may apply to get a library card for free at the Library. Minors must be present to be issued a library card.
What if I lost my card?
Due to security reasons, we will need to issue you a new library card. Valid identification is required in order to issue a new library card. The replacement cost of a lost library card is $1.00.
Library Card Application
Please note due to a high number of volume, it is taking the library a longer time to process online card applications.
1. With an AH Meadows Library card you will have access to all digital materials including:
- E-books from Overdrive/Libby
- E-audiobooks from Overdrive/Libby and RB Digital
Applying for Library Card
The Meadows Library issues cards via email or in-person. Please fill out the form below to receive your library card. A parent or guardian must submit an application on behalf of a minor. Cards are issued only to Texas residents.
When will I receive my library card number?
Please note due to a high number of volume, it is taking the library a longer time to process e-card applications. In most instances we will issue an emailed library card within 48 hours. However, applications received after 4 p.m. on Friday’s may not be processed until Monday.
2. Submit an online Library Card Request Form.