Applications & Permits

For non-city-sponsored special events.

Applications to participate in city-sponsored events can be found on each event's page.

Permits are required for block parties, circuses, fairs, carnivals, festivals, or other types of special events that meet one of the following requirements: (1) run for longer than one day but not longer than two weeks, (2) are intended to or likely to attract substantial crowds, and (3) are unlike the customary or usual activities generally associated with the property where the special event is to be located.  

Special Event Permit Application Process:
Step 1: Print and complete the Special Event Application.

Step 2: Submit the application and additional documentation to

Step 3: Await notification of next step for proposed special event permit request.

Please note: Special Event Permit Application fee is $50, but is not due until application has been approved.  

Vendor Permit Application Process:                                                                                                                                                                    Vendors wishing to participate in non-city functions should:

Step 1: Food or beverage  vendors must obtain approval from the City Fire Marshal AND

Step 2: Obtain a permit from the Midlothian Police Department Code Enforcement. 

Find information about Fire Code and Temporary/Mobile Food Vendor Permit Applications at Food Establishments.

For questions about hosting an event or participating as a vendor, call or email us, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., (972) 775-7777,