Midlothian Dog Park Rules
Ordinance 2018-52 adopted on August 28, 2018 established the City of Midlothian Dog Park Rules. The Midlothian Dog Park is located at 1111 Walter Stephenson Road
General Rules and Information:
- Use of the dog park shall be at the handler’s own risk. Handlers shall be responsible for the actions of their dogs at all times.
- No person under 12 years of age or under may enter the dog park unless supervised by an adult.
- No person shall allow a child under their supervision to run with or chase dogs inside the dog park
- The dog park shall be accessed only through its designated entrance gate. No person shall fail to close or otherwise prevent the closing of the dog park gate, which shall be closed at all times except when entering or exiting the dog park.
- No person shall be in the possession of food or treats for people or dogs while in the dog park.
- Handlers shall clean up and properly dispose of any waste left by their dog.
- No person shall possess a glass container while in the dog park.
- No person shall possess or use tobacco products in the dog park.
- No person shall possess or consume alcoholic beverages within the dog park.
- No person shall conduct professional dog training classes within the dog park.
- No person shall use motorized vehicles or toys, bicycles, scooters, riding toys, skateboards or other items that might interfere with the utilization of the dog park by other handlers and their dogs
- Dogs must be leashed when entering or exiting the dog park.
- Handlers must carry and keep a leash visible for each dog in their possession at all times.
- Any dog that exhibits or appears to exhibit aggressive behavior, including aggressive barking, biting or fighting, shall be immediately leashed and removed from the dog park.
- Dogs must be properly licensed and vaccinated with corresponding tags displayed on each dog’s collar. All dogs must be healthy and have no open wounds.
- Dogs “in season” shall be prohibited.
- Dogs under than the age of four (4) months shall be prohibited.
- Dogs wearing spike, pinch or prong collars shall be prohibited.
- No person shall possess more than two (2) dogs at any one time in the dog park.
- The city is not responsible for any damage or injury caused by handlers’ dogs. Owners and handlers are financially responsible and liable for damage or injury caused by their dogs.
- Handlers must be in verbal and sight control of their dogs at all times while in the dog park.
- A person who has knowledge of an incident in the dog park involving a dog biting a human must report such incident to the city's animal control services or Midlothian police department.
- No person shall be within the dog park except during the operational hours established by the city, which may be altered from time to time to accommodate the city’s operational needs