Shelter Operations Update in Response to Stay Home, Stay Safe Order
As a result of the Ellis County Shelter in Place and in an effort to protect the health and safety of our animals, staff and the public effective immediately, Public Access to the Animal Shelter is closed. In addition we have:
- Temporarily Suspended animal surrenders.
- Temporarily Suspended animal adoptions.
- Suspended accepting donations of any towels, blankets, beds, carriers or textiles from the public for the animals.
- Shelter staff will continue to respond to email and phone calls.
- Shelter Staff will continue to care daily for the animals and sanitize the shelter.
- Field Staff will continue to service traps during this time. If an animal needs to be removed from a trap please call our office Monday- Friday 8am to 5pm at 972-775-7614 and staff will respond. Traps are not serviced on the weekend.
- Our staff will continue to respond to Animal Bites, Aggressive Animals, Animal Welfare and Loose Animal Calls. When staff responds to a loose animal call, we will check the animals upon pick up for microchips and tags. If ownership is determined, we will contact you to connect you with your pet.
- If we have your animal and you need to redeem it, please contact us at 972-775-7628 or 972-775-7614 with the Kennel ID number so arrangements can be made to reunite you with your animal.
- If you have lost an animal or found an animal, we encourage you to utilize our Lost or Found pet form.
The Animal Services Department provides response for complaints concerning domestic animals, reptiles and livestock.
The Animal Control Officer is responsible for impounding animals that are stray, quarantining animals which have bitten humans, and disposing of dead animals.
If you see a loose dog, injured animal or hear barking dogs, please contact the non-emergency number at 972-775-3333 so that Animal Control or an officer can respond. If you have a situation with a dangerous or aggressive dog, please call 911.
For general information regarding a lost or found animal, a surrender, shelter hours or to make an appointment or have other questions regarding adoptions or volunteering, please call the administrative office number at 972-775-7614, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Please use the online Action Center Code Enforcement category to report non-emergency information regarding animal issues.
Lost or Found Pets
Please complete the Lost/Found Pet Information Form to report a lost or found pet. Information on lost or found pets is posted to our City of Midlothian Animal Control Facebook page. If you need Animal Control to pick-up a found pet, please call (972) 775-7614. Lost/Found Pet Information Form *Also post on Nextdoor, neighborhood Facebook pages or websites, put up signs in your area, contact veterinarian offices, and check with neighbors.
Off-Site Adoption Events
Off-site adoption events are held the third Saturday of each month from 9am-11am. Check the events calendar or our Facebook Page for details and locations.