Independence Day Fireworks
Monday, July 3, 2023
The Independence Day Fireworks Show is made possible by the generosity of Citizens National Bank of Texas, Midlothian Community Development Corporation, and Methodist Midlothian Medical Center.
The show is staged in the field near the MISD Multi-Purpose stadium and can be viewed from the stadium parking lot and surrounding vicinity.
Here's what you should know:
For your safety, traffic and parking near the staging area on and around 14th St. from George Hopper Rd. to US Hwy. 287 will be affected as listed below. Please expect some delays due to traffic congestion and be patient and polite. Respect your neighbors regardless of your viewing site. Pick up all your trash before you leave.
- Parking lots at the MISD Multi-Purpose Stadium (1800 S. 14th St.) will be open for viewing at 6 p.m.
- The stadium will not be open for seating.
- Portable restrooms will be available for the public on the south side of the stadium at gates A and D.
- There are no extra trash receptacles placed for this event. Please pack up and pack out anything you bring in.
- The parking lot at the new Physician Office Building (POB) at 979 Don Floyd Drive also will be open to the public. A port-a-pottie will be available in the southeast corner of the POB parking lot for public use.
- Parking lots at Methodist Midlothian Medical Center and the Sports Complex (1000 S. 14th Street) will be CLOSED to the public.
- Methodist Way is also closed for parking in order to ensure access to emergency vehicles.
- Portions of Silken Crossing will be closed south from George Hopper Rd. from 6 p.m. till after the Fireworks Show.
- NO PARKING will be allowed in the grassy area between the Sports Complex and the Stadium as this is the fireworks staging area.
- 14th Street will be closed to traffic during the Fireworks Show (approximately 9 to 10 p.m.).
- Traffic along 14th St. will be routed to expedite the flow of vehicles coming to and going from the stadium. Please follow the instructions of law enforcement officers and do not cross taped or roped-off areas or move barricades.
- Be respectful of private parking lots and "No Parking" signs.
- Do not block driveways or streets.
No solicitors or vendors are allowed on the MISD property or at this event.
In the event of rain, the Fireworks Show will be postponed till Tuesday, July 5, at 9:15 p.m.
As a reminder, the possession, manufacture, storage, sale, handling, and use of fireworks are prohibited inside the City Limits of Midlothian by ordinance.
This event is made possible by the generosity of Citizens National Bank of Texas, Methodist Midlothian Medical Center, and Midlothian Community Development Corporation.