The Midlothian Police Department is seeking intelligent, motivated and dedicated individuals to become Police Officers to serve a vibrant and rapidly growing city.
An application must be submitted following the City of Midlothian Human Resources Application Process. The Midlothian Police Department will contact each applicant prior to the testing date to confirm their attendance for the testing date. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Application & Job Position Information
Job Interest Notifications: Submit your information to receive an email notification when positions you are interested in become available.
Opportunities with MPD Include:
- Patrol Officer
- Vehicle Traffic Officer
- Motor Cycle Traffic Officer
- Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Traffic Officer
- School Resource Officer (SRO)
- Criminal Investigations Investigator
- Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Pilot
Duties and Responsibilities
Applicants will be required to fulfill all duties of a Police Officer including making arrests, running, climbing, sitting and standing for long hours and writing legible and articulate reports. Applicants will also be required to have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with the public in a positive manner.
For a full job description, please visit Human Resources Department.
The City of Midlothian is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|$50 per month
|$50 per month
|$100 per month
|$100 per month
|$150 per month
|$150 per month
|$200 per month
*Maximum combined certification pay - $200 per month*
The entrance examination will consist of a validated written examination from which the eligibility list shall be established and will remain in effect for a six-month period. Candidates who pass the written examination will be subject to driver analysis, background investigation, Cooper physical assessment, psychological evaluation, polygraph, oral review board, medical examination including drug testing and any other relevant investigations deemed necessary.
Thorough background investigations into an applicant’s personal and professional life are painstakingly performed by this department to assure the highest quality personnel. These investigations vary in time that it takes to complete due to unforeseen complications or circumstances. Backgrounds are generally completed in ten to fifteen days but can last substantially longer depending on the complexity of the investigation. Applicants that are not processed or selected are eligible to retest at the next appointed testing date unless otherwise notified.
Individuals with disabilities who will need reasonable accommodation in order to complete a test must contact the City of Midlothian Human Resources Director at (972) 775-7192 at least two weeks prior to the scheduled test date. Documentation supporting the need for accommodation will be required.
Information will be provided on the specific job posting.
Location information will be provided individually to applicants who are qualified to take the exam.
Attire for the written examination is proper business wear. There will be a break after the written examination for candidates to change clothes for the administration of the physical fitness test.
Purchase Study Guide
The Physical Fitness Test will consist of two components, an Aerobic Test and an Anaerobic Test. The grading of these tests will follow the Texas department of Public Safety Guidelines.
The Aerobic Test will consist of a One and a half (1.5) mile run.
You can find the standards chart by following this link:
The Anaerobic Test will consist of a 500-meter row sprint utilizing a Concept 2 Rower, and be graded at the Texas DPS 50% time.
- Female 50% minimum time: 2 min 27 sec
- Male 50% minimum time: 2 min 8 sec
A 20-minute recovery period between the Aerobic Test and the Anaerobic Test.
Background, and other information, on the testing can be found here: https://www.dps.texas.gov/ETR/concept2RowerCalc.htm
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must meet all legal requirements necessary to become eligible for future licensing by the Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate
- If in the U.S. military (proof of honorable discharge DD214)
- Possess visual acuity to the extent that both eyes are correctable to at least 20/20 binocular vision.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with acceptable driving record.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must meet all physical requirements.
- Any felony conviction
- Any class B misdemeanor conviction(s) within last ten (10) years
- Suspended driver’s license at time of application
- Domestic violence conviction
- Must not be prohibited by law from possessing firearms or ammunition
Drug history involving:
- Use of Marijuana two (2) years or less from application date, or
- Use of any other illegal substance ten (10) years or less from application date
- Use of any hallucinogenic drug
- Sale or distribution of any illegal substances, or
- Extensive use of any drug that amounts to more than minimal experimentation
The following is a list of behaviors/histories that may also disqualify an applicant, but the final decision will be made by the Chief or his designee:
- Poor credit history
- Lesser degree misdemeanor conviction
- Poor driving record
- Arrest history
- Previous warrants
- Any behavior which demonstrates a lack of high moral character