Phase 2 of Midlothian Community Park officially opened on January 26, 2022, completing the development of a 105-acre multipurpose recreational complex.
Located at 3601 S. 14th Street, the first phase of the 105-acre multipurpose outdoor recreational complex opened in February 2017 and features 13 soccer game fields and practice football fields varying in size, and a lighted competition soccer/football field outfitted with stands and a scoreboard. The first phase also includes a playground, concession stand, picnic tables, restrooms, and a one-mile walking trail.
Phase 2 Amenities
- Splash pad (4,500 square feet) - supplied with fresh drinking water and flows into adjacent pond to be re-used for irrigation. Water is not recycled for splash pad use. The splash pad will be operational during warm months (after last freeze). It will be activated by push buttons operated by users.
- Large, inclusive playground located adjacent to splash pad - meeting all safety standards required by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and accessibility requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Large, one-of-a-kind playground was specially constructed to fit space with existing trees, and to accommodate children with various disabilities.
- Playground/splash pad restrooms and concession stand
Community courts are free and open to the public - No reservations required.
- 2, 3-point basketball courts
- Multipurpose court (tennis, pickleball, wall ball, roller hockey)
- 4, sand volleyball courts
- Amphitheater/picnic pavilion with lawn seating and stage
- 5 baseball diamonds with artificial turf infields. Home for games played by youth recreational league.
- Small, shaded playground at baseball fields
- Bleacher shade structures
- Baseball concession stand with restroom
- Wildflower meadow
- Fishing lake
- Concrete and natural surface walking trails
- 514 parking spaces, near baseball fields, adjacent to courts, large playground and splash pad
- Roadways and landscaping
- Entry and wayfinding signs
- Lighting for baseball fields and all courts