Probation/ Deferred

Requesting Deferred Disposition (Probation)


You may be eligible to have your violation dismissed with probation.  The Judge in his sole discretion, may defer disposition on most cases.  Generally deferred is for a period of 90 days, (not to exceed 180 days). If you complete the required terms, the case is dismissed

You are eligible for Deferred Disposition if:

  • You do not have a CDL license.

  • You have not participated in a deferred program in this court or any other court during the past 12 months.
  • You are not charged with a construction zone violation.

  • You are not charged with speeding in excess of 25 mph over the posted limit.

  • If you are under the age of 25, you must appear at the Court window to request probation. State law requires you to complete a DSC course (course only no driving record) and return the certificate of completion to the court within the deferral period. 

Request Deferred Disposition In Person

  • Appear at the court window Monday-Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM prior to the appearance date on your citation.
  • Bring your Driver's License or Identification Card.
  • Fees are required in full at the time of your request.
  • Payment may be made in either Cash, Money Order (Payable to City of Midlothian) OR VISA or MASTERCARD with Proper ID.

The clerk will provide you the necessary form at the window.   You do NOT need to print the form from this website.


Request Deferred Disposition By Mail

  • Mail in your request on or before your response date stated on your citation.
  • Required fee (Money orders only) - Deferred fees cannot be paid online or over the phone. Fee will be the fine amount plus $40.  To determine your fine amount,  please call the court office. 
  • Along with your fee, complete and mail a “request for deferring further proceedings form”.  It is not necessary to send a copy of your citation however, it is fine to do so.  
  • Mail your form to:
    Midlothian Municipal Court
    1150 N Hwy 67 Ste 200
    Midlothian, TX 76065