Household Chemical Waste Disposal
Midlothian has joined forces with the City of Fort Worth Environmental Collection Center (ECC) located at 6400 Bridge Street in Fort Worth to provide for safe disposal of household chemical waste. The ECC is open to residents of the City of Midlothian on Thursdays and Fridays from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
The Mobile Cruiser travels to neighboring towns to collect leftover household chemicals. Collection events are scheduled from March through November. Check with Public Works at 972-775-1083 or visit our website event calendar to find out when the Crud Cruiser will be in Midlothian. We try to schedule the collection event to coincide with our annual City-Wide Spring Clean-Up Day, the second Saturday in April. In order to participate in this program, residents must purchase a voucher from the City of Midlothian Utility Billing office. The residents living inside the city limits will be charged $20.00 and anyone outside of the city limits will be required to pay the $47.00 fee.
There is a limit of 15 gallons of paint per address.
The ECC is for residential waste disposal and recycling only. Commercial, business or industrial waste cannot be accepted under Texas regulations.
Acids, aerosol cans, antifreeze, batteries (all kinds, including car batteries), brake fluid, cooking oil, craft chemicals, degreasers, drain cleaner, fertilizer, fluorescent light bulbs, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), herbicides, household chemicals, motor oil, paints & stains (limit of 15 gallons per address), paint thinners, pest strips, pesticides, photo chemicals, pool chemicals, oil filters, solvents, transmission fluid and varnish.
hat’s NOT Accepted?
Ammunition, explosives, asbestos, building materials, butane/propane cylinders, appliances, electronics, medicines, medical waste, PCBs, radioactive material, smoke detectors, tires, bulk trash, and yard waste.
Need More Info?
If you have questions about a specific waste not listed above call the ECC at 817-392-5275 to find out if it’s accepted.
Additional instructions for disposing of waste:
- If a product is still usable, give it to someone who can use it instead of bringing it for disposal.
- Bring your voucher purchased from the Utility Billing Department at City Hall, 104 W. Avenue E.
- Bring liquid paint sorted by type (i.e. latex, oil-based, and lead-based).
- Keep chemicals in their original containers; place broken or leaking containers in a second container of like material (i.e. glass for corrosives, metal for flammables).
- If a container has no label and its contents are known, please place a label on the container clearly stating the contents.
- Do not transport chemicals in the passenger compartment of your vehicle. Put them in the trunk.